Thursday, December 1, 2011

Another Letter from M. V. Found

Early to bed and early to rise, as old Ben said. I awoke shortly after 5:00, allowing time to let my readers know about my find before I head out for the day. I had a strong feeling yesterday that I might have copied M. V.’s letters into my Journal of ever so long ago. I discovered one from 1956, but found no others. I will type it here as soon as I have time, perhaps not until after the weekend.

One reader in another country will be especially interested in this letter from M. V., but I cannot contact him. His e-mail isn’t working for me. If he is reading this, he will know he’s the one I’m referring to, and perhaps can do something about his e-mail address. My machine has said at least a dozen times “an unknown member,” yet his e-mail arrives here.

M. V.’s letter does not contain a great deal of information, but does tell when she visited the States, where her daughter is and what she is doing. She is concerned about the turmoil going on in the world, during the administration of President Eisenhower.

I really enjoy seeing the count of hits on my blog from around the world. One blog has almost 100 hits now, and others are close to that. People everywhere know English and that is great. I appreciate all of you. In this country many readers are involved with face book, but I do not care to participate in it, for it takes too much time from my writing. A writer can spread himself too thin, you know. Surely my readers would rather read a bit of fiction from me, now and then, or a book review, than to read about my daily doings. And especially read about others through my words here. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment