Friday, December 23, 2011

What a Thursday!

This blog is for my far-flung family and my close friends. For others, it may be boring.

Amy, my driver, and I started out with the regular Thursday appointments and had a quick lunch in the car, for she and Joe were having company that night and they would watch the BSU Bronco game against Arizona State. (BSU creamed them.)

Then we headed for the supermarket to buy fixings for a great Christmas dinner. I got out of the car at the door of WinCo and Amy was going to park. I didn’t get inside the store. I took a spill. My head and shoulders were inches from Amy’s front right tire. I remember hoping she would not run over me. Someone called 911 and soon I was on my way to St. Al’s. Tests later, I got the news that I had a fractured spine, a minor case not suitable for surgery, thank goodness. (I’d hate to experience a major type of this accident.)

In the meantime, Amy took my grocery list and shopped for me and got the groceries into the house, and stowed the cold stuff properly.

After I swallowed a pain pill called Norco, I was able to walk a bit in the hospital, and the doctor decided I could go home, but not in a cab. The nurse called Amy to the rescue with the order for me to rest and let the fracture heal itself. That’s what I’m doing. It’s restful to sit in this chair and type, but getting up and down is often excruciating. I am also half asleep for I took the second pain pill at 9:30 this morning, and none in the night.

This is to alert all readers that I may not be blogging for a few days. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment