Wednesday, November 30, 2011

In Defense of Herman Cain

I just listened to the latest bit of news about Cain’s current attacker. She is doing some good acting, But I believe it is just acting. Perhaps not “just” acting. There may be a mental illness that describes what she is doing. If you listen to her carefully, you will note an abundance of repetition, told in a smooth and practiced way. The other day, I read the inscription Cain penned in a book which he autographed for her. It was a touching one. However, it might have been the same message he wrote to several dozens of people he worked with. At that moment, I envisioned her as having taken the inscription to mean more than he meant it. Many a female, especially teenagers, have fallen in love with an idea, and lived that idea for years, maybe even for the rest of their lives, and possibly ended up this way, accusing the secretly loved one, in revenge, even to the point of physical danger to the one “loved.” To speak as well as she did, she might have had a small bit of tranquilizing drug to get through it calmly. The recent telephone calls Cain made to her, if he really did, could have been to beg her not to go through with this charade.

I am not being political in this. Cain is not my choice for president, but someone else is. I am not of his race. And I still think he is a good man. Is he stupid enough not to know these affairs would arise if he ran for office? He may not be wise in many ways, but I do not think he’s stupid about the possibility of such scandal—if it were truth. I think he has worked too hard to get where he is, to risk a scandal, if it were true.

My blog about the concentric circles is still why I think this is happening. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment