Friday, December 16, 2011

Merry Christmas to My House

Every year I give a Christmas present to my house. It can be as simple as a decorative waste paper basket or something more expensive. This year it is a big item, not for my vanity’s sake, but for my eyesight’s sake: an HD television screen. It was delivered just before lunch today. The table for it came several days ago and Amy and I moved books to make room for it. I paid the delivery men to move the parts of the wall system from place to place to make room for the table. The next day Grace and I got the books back in place. Then I donated some great books I’ll never read again to the Idaho Youth Ranch store. They could be nice Christmas presents for other readers. I think I may be the last one in the family to have an HD set, for I haven’t desired one till now. Some in the family have more than one in their houses.

Giving presents to others is more enjoyable to me, of course. The problem these days is wrapping them for mailing and getting them to the P. O. Many of us senior citizens have to resort to giving checks. Let’s see now. There are 43 family members for me. Why don’t I send them each a hundred? That’s only $4,300. (Joke.) They have more money than I. (Not a joke.) But if they visit me, I usually have something to give them. Merry Christmas! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment