Tuesday, January 21, 2014


WHAT A GOOD DAY TODAY

Two special letters came today, one an e-mail and the other one over two pages printed from a computer, because my e-mail address didn’t work for her. (Now it does.) This was from a former student who wrote to me earlier telling me she had read MY ANTONIA years after I’d recommended it, remember that one? She and her husband live in Alaska, where they raised their five sons (no daughters). She was surprised at my memory when I recalled what I had known of her as a student and her family. I must reread the letter before I write more of it. I just might get something wrong. I enjoyed it immensely. By the way, she said she had ordered THINGS THAT MATTER. She also likes Charles Krauthammer.

The e-mail was from my grandson Robert, who was informed he’d completed his master’s work at the top of his class in Perth, Australia. The citation read:

"You have been awarded the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) Postgraduate Award, which is awarded to the graduating student with the highest weighted average mark in the Master of Project Management."

He gets a sizable cash award and a seat at the monthly AIPM breakfast. I am very proud of him. He works in Boise, and I doubt he will be flying back to Perth every month. ♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment