Thursday, January 9, 2014


CHRISTIE'S IDEA OF TRUTH?

During this morning’s press conference, I felt sorry for Chris Christie for several reasons. I still have not heard the story that has been termed a scandal, but his appearance today convinces me I do not want him as my president. Listen to these reasons:

He is first and foremost a politician. What we need in the White House at this tragic time in our country’s history is a STATESMAN, not a politician. Christie said several times, “the truth as I see it.” Truth is steadfast, not subject to change. It’s opinions that change, and the country has had enough of opinions for a while. How tiresome it would be to hear “the truth as I see it” every time something went wrong during the man’s presidency.

The man talks about himself too much. While he was supposedly the subject of a press conference about some “scandal,” he was also campaigning for office. That is bad taste. Can you imagine George Herbert Walker Bush doing that? Or even George W?

We need a dignified president who doesn’t talk too much about himself, steeped in the classics, wherein great truths lie.

But, of course, a statesman never calls himself a statesman. That’s for others to do. ♥♥♥








No comments:

Post a Comment