Thursday, March 6, 2014

LIVING WITH INSOMNIA

Last night I awoke around 3:00, about a couple of hours after I'd finally gone to sleep. Wide awake, I got up, had a cup of hot chocolate, and got the short story ready to re-send to the editor of WOMAN'S WORLD. It is ready for Amy to take to the Post Office, if she ever gets here today. (She's facing some health problems with her father at this time. It's possible she won't get here today.)  I got back to bed around 5:00 and slept till after 9:00. 

When I lose sleep this way, it does not seem to make me feel less capable the day after, but if I toss and turn for hours, it takes its toll. So, if this pattern keeps up, perhaps I can write the great American short story. If there is such a thing.

Today begin the sessions of a new activity here, NEWS CURRENT. I expect to attend it in 30 minutes from now. Some will come, doubtlessly, thinking of local news. But that's not the idea. The Universe is to be our territory, and most likely Russia and Ukraine today. Thursday afternoon is not a time I would choose for this, for Thursday is usually my day out for shopping, etc. But the truth is, there is no ideal time to work something new into the schedule. Time to get ready for the session now.


No comments:

Post a Comment