Sunday, March 2, 2014

A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT AND A PLUS

The short story you've heard was in the process of creation was finished about a week or two ago. I had bought a small voice recorder and the plan was to record the story for a small group of readers here, without their knowing whose voice it was or who wrote the story. I might have given a prize to anyone who guessed correctly. Last night I tried recording it. Brand new recorder and brand new batteries. I couldn't believe what I heard: what sounded like a man's voice and in slow motion! I found nothing on the machine about speed control. I learned also it must have been picking up a sound every time I moved the screen higher, although I could not hear the sound myself. The next try will be from across the room. 


This story is fiction, of course, but as I wrote about a situation that is out of this world, I realized certain facets of this existence that might really be possible. That made the point of the story more profound as well as explaining questions in the dialogue. It is a situation that needs its own word, for our vocabulary is lacking one for this situation--I imagine. In time, perhaps this scientific or psychological discovery (not necessarily beneficial) will have real possibility and the word will already be there for it! So I probably shall let one of the characters, perhaps the main character, create the new word. It could go into dictionaries in time. This new word will relate to a subject that has to do with one or more of my most popular blogs with numerous readers. I think it will be of interest to many of you, as those blogs keep having pageviews.  


It just occurs to me that the classification for this story may be, in the long run, Scientific Fiction, without my intention. Perhaps it needs more thorough editing for that. The horizon is always climbing higher! 

No comments:

Post a Comment