Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Three Cute Remarks from Little Girls

When our daughter was only two years old, she and I were discussing milk at the breakfast table. I told her milk came from a cow. She beamed, exclaiming, “Did the cow spit up this milk last day?” When I hesitated for an answer, she added, “Did he?”

Another little girl said to her mother, “Mother, I love father, but I feel closer to you.”
“Why is that, dear?” the mother asked.
“Well, I’m your flesh and blood, but I’m related to father only by marriage.”

Our daughter, still about two years of age, was playing outside with a friend in a fenced-in front yard [a river ran parallel to our road], when I heard Susan cry out. She had hurt her hand. I watched through an open window as she hurried to the steps, as if to come inside to me. Then suddenly she stopped, kissed her hand, and said, “Now, it’s all better,” and went back to play.
♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment