Monday, November 28, 2011

Another Word about Man’s Unconquerable Mind

In deleting letters from my files tonight, I ran across a great note from my friend Mary McKenzie. She wrote: “I began reading that book you lent me [one of several] at 4:00 Sunday, and I didn’t stop till I finished it around 10:00. You know, one time a lady gave me a book to read, and I’ve said for years it was the best book I’d ever read. But now I must say, it’s the second best book, for this one is the first best.” She was talking about Man’s Unconquerable Mind (MUM) by Gilbert Highet. My blog stats show 80 hits for my blog about MUM, which I wrote about on February 15, 2010. I wish I had time to read it again. Of course, I have read it several times, and have parts of it memorized unintentionally, but it’s good for many more reads. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment