Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Wee Story

In case any of my readers haven’t noticed, more than one posting a day is my current method of blogging, in order to get in 31 for the month. So, you’d better check to see if you’ve missed one of my great works of prose. (I am the first to say they could use a great deal of work, but I am trying to write a book at the same time, you know. Can’t spend too much time on . . . trivia?)

I keep in the back of my mind a little story that amused me greatly at the time and I want to share it, knowing it may not be funny to any of you. But here goes.

A man told about the gathering of his family for Christmas one year. At some point, the elderly mother found a daughter of hers doing needlework and scolded her for working on Christmas Day. The daughter said, “Mother, it’s not the same as working on Sunday.” The mother replied, “It’s samer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment