Wednesday, December 22, 2010

About Christmas

Christmas is almost here. Piles of random snow get smaller each day, with the brilliant morning sun beaming down on them. That is, if you’re on the right side of the road. My house is. But I prefer that it snow on the ski slopes; down below I hope for clear and safe roads.

I’m glad for the Bose, for sending Christmas music throughout the house. And, unlike the victrolas of my youth, the Bose takes care of itself. What a great invention the compact disk was! The CD, hair spray, and the dripless laundry detergent bottle lid. They’re the greatest inventions of the last fifty years. I didn’t do the math for this estimate.

I’m thankful for my large family, though I’m not anticipating seeing any of them this Christmas. They are scattered about and busy with their own lives. But I shall enjoy the season. Several photos of great grandchildren in Kentucky have arrived, and I look at these over and over again. The last time I saw them may become the last time I see them. But that is true for all of us.

I am most thankful for the Reason for Christmas, the birth of the baby Jesus, who was born to be King and Lord of our lives. How miserable everything would be without Him. Everything is miserable where He is not welcome, of course. That’s why the misery abounds.

I’m glad I live in America where I can still observe this special season. May that right from God never be lost.

And I wish you a wonderful, happy Christmas and a great New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment