Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Another Nice Guy

Yesterday my computer tech, James, came out to make an adjustment on Pete, my computer, and we had a refreshing visit, as always. When he came here a week before, he was dreading Thanksgiving, for his family made such a fizzle of getting together, he said. He spoke of several emergencies his business was handling at the moment and we agreed he’d go to them and work on Pete later, for my case was not an emergency.

Yesterday was an entirely different kind of day for him. The Thanksgiving gathering at his house turned out to be a great success. He, a single guy so far, cooked the meal himself, and everyone behaved well. When he finished with Pete, he wouldn’t take any pay. He said, because I’d let him off the week before to take care of some emergencies! However, he told me the money was rolling in, just “dropping from the sky.” While his staff was still on duty, he now headed for a workout with his personal trainer. James has always seemed like a grandson to me, and I get a hug when he leaves here.

No comments:

Post a Comment