Sunday, December 22, 2013


LONGER DAYS AND KRAUTHAMMER STILL

With our ground covered in white, I awake to a lighter day inside my apartment, and think the days must be getting noticeably longer already. But they aren’t. Not noticeably. I long for June when the sun makes shadows of the top of my tree, three stories high, on my window blinds. When the last leaf gets to the left edge, it’s time to get up. That’s usually around 7:00, and perhaps I’ve worked out a bit of poetry as I lay there.

Some residents are having breakfast downstairs while I sit here at this computer, still not fed, showered, or dressed for the day. But I have done my exercises. If I get too engrossed with Pete (my computer) I may not go down for lunch either. And could be, not even for supper.

I started out to tell about the phenomenon of the first blog I wrote about Krauthammer’s book. The hits in about a month’s time as of this morning number 181, placing it third in line for my short time writing blogs with several spots vacant because of accidents I suffered, The two ahead of him are “THE 39 STEPS AND NORTH BY NORTHWEST” and “MAN’S UNCONQUERABLE MIND.” They number 323 and 215, consecutively. While these are two of my most important blogs, Krauthammer may overtake them at the rate he’s moving. By the way, MAN’S UNCONQUERABLE MIND sounds like Krauthammer. He could have written it. But of course, he did not. Gilbert Highet did.

I hope to finish reading TTM tonight. ♥






No comments:

Post a Comment