Saturday, December 28, 2013


BOLTS FROM OUT OF THE BLUE

My current reading of any book languishes for a lack of time, temporarily I trust, for I am also working on completing a short story of my own. This is an initial experience of writing this type of story but I will not explain further. It’s just something new to have five minutes to spend with it and come away, knowing that I’ve made it better. Better in fiction writing means more detail, if the mechanics are learned in elementary school. But the amazing aspect of this short session is an additional detail that appears out of the blue, with no real work, sometimes a gorgeous simile or metaphor. I never know when these five minutes may show up, but they won’t now, for I must finish breakfast and get ready for my day. Another point: I never think of the story unless I’m working on it. I think it’s nearing completion but one can’t be sure of this when bolts out of the blue might strike again. ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment