Friday, November 28, 2014

TWO CHRISTMAS STORIES 

Two Christmas stories your children must hear and it won't hurt you to hear them again. Or your older children to hear them again. Both are available on film, but that is not what I'm talking about. I mean you should read these aloud to your children no matter what their ages are. These stories are Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol and Valentine Davies's Miracle on 34th Street. A Christmas Carol is a novelette and that means short. Davies wrote Miracle on 34th Street after the film was made but I do not remember if it is a novelette or not. 

I suggest reading Miracle early in the season, before doing your last-minute Christmas shopping, and Carol the night before Christmas. Allow no eating during the reading, and take everything seriously. I wish I could join all of you for this treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment