Wednesday, February 19, 2014

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL MORNING

This morning I awoke to a bright sunny day, with birds seemingly learning to sing out my open window. Really, they sounded like babies. It was 9:20 and I'd gone to bed at 1:20 this morning. What a great sleep, especially after four consecutive nights of sleeping only 2, 3, or 4 hours. And what a joy to wake up surrounded by the new watermelon-red bed sheets. Now I'm having my hot chocolate and in no hurry to dine downstairs for lunch today. There is so much else to do here and going down just might spoil the morning's perfection. 

I was reading late last night. My friend Jack finished reading DUTY and brought it to me to read. I am not far into the over 600-page book yet, but I must tell you what a hit the author has already made with me by his sense of humor. It took a while just to look at the photographs with their comments. One said, "Just another dinner with fellow government workers, visitors, and spouses."  The line-up shows Gates, Prince Philip, Laura Bush, Queen Elizabeth, George W. Bush, and Becky Gates. 

Still in the reading process is the book THE GIRL WITH NO SHADOW. Over half-way through it, I'll stick with it. There are witches in it, more than two, I think. But I'm learning more about chocolate. I am sure this author knows all about chocolate. I must remember to buy some nutmeg for my chocolate, a change from cinnamon. Only the author uses 70% dark chocolate, not milk chocolate, and cooks it in a pot. I microwave mine! 

Two more things to tell you before I finish my breakfast. Last Saturday morning I awoke with a black eye, a bad one. I suppose I rubbed it in my sleep. Sunglasses help when I show my face and tomorrow evening I should look much better, for that afternoon, I'm getting permed. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment