Monday, February 24, 2014

STILL A BEAUTIFUL DAY EVEN AFTER 15 MINUTES

This is the same beautiful day, my door to the outside is still open, and at 2:30 I'm finally dressed for the day and have had lunch in my apartment. I must go walking and check my mailbox downstairs. That reminds me of something to tell you writers out there. Several months ago, last May I think, I mailed a short story to a popular magazine, WOMAN'S WORLD.  It was a romance, as they require, and I haven't heard from them since. When this happens, it means the story might be chosen for publication. The WW guidelines say not to e-mail them or call them about it, just send the story in again, giving the date of the first mailing! There has been no time for doing so, but I still hope to manage it. 


The other mag I sent a story to has the same problem. ALFRED HITCHCOCK MYSTERY MAGAZINE has kept my story for several months with no word. Its guidelines do accept e-mail inquiry, I recall, but I haven't had time for doing that. I have to skip meals downstairs to do anything about the writing world, and still I pay for the meal missed downstairs. This situation has become severe enough that I do not return business calls, and at certain times I try not to make a dash to answer the phone. There are four phones in my suite and apparently manned by foreigners, whom I cannot understand. Or they fly with their memorized speeches that I just tell them they are not speaking clearly. I hear their noise, but their enunciation is way off, for they do this all day long. There needs to be a course of training for telephone callers from a business. Well, when I become Empress . . . 


Now a letter to write to one of these business places for the telephone is out! I brought home a form to fill out about the saleswoman's service and then she promptly called  to ask how I liked the merchandise I had purchased from her! I was too busy to do either of these things. Now the letter, in which I shall point out AGAIN to her I don't have time for these things. Some people, perhaps most, never hear you when you tell them that. 








No comments:

Post a Comment