Saturday, February 15, 2014

 . . . ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY

If you are spending your time watching the Olympic Games, having friends over to play cards and feast, planning another day out shopping, going out to the next hit movie, or even just taking full-time care of your little children, you are probably not aware of the presidential power grab that is going on in this country. It is progressing amazingly fast. When I'd like to be writing, even a mere blog, or reading a good book, I must catch up on the news first. There is only one television channel where I can get that. That is Fox News. Tonight and recent other nights this power grab was the major theme, it seemed, though I didn't watch all the programs available on the subject.

When a guest, usually from the Senate or the House of Representatives spoke about this, some reminding us of how the Germans were tricked into such a power grab in the 1930-40s, I had to turn the telly off. Or I would have cried in heartache. The speakers seem to believe that it is up to us people, to make an outcry, till the halls of Congress ring with our pleadings for them to stop that despot. If you ever thought that the Holocaust could not ever be repeated, think again. The situation is ripe for that very thing. And next time, it may include Christians, not just the Jews.

I volunteered my life when I joined the WAVES in WWII, though I was not expected to take part in combat. I would do that again, if the action could help save my country. All I can do now at my age, is write a bit here and encourage the rest of you to write e-mail to members of Congress, tweet them too, use your face book, and if the president can use his pen and his phone to get action (as he said), you can do the same. But time is running out.

And if you are depending on other networks for your news coverage, please, please, switch to Fox News. (Not the same as Fox Channel.) ***

No comments:

Post a Comment