Monday, February 24, 2014

BEAUTY FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES

What a beautiful spring day it is here! The door to my porch has been open for hours, well before my arising. I love the fresh air and perhaps a walk around the building is in order today.


I didn't see much of the Olympics for so many other topics in the news were more important. The uprising in Ukraine is over now, with the trial of that losing president now coming up. Korbachev, former premier of soviet Russia, says it's a real mess, but can be resolved. Remember him? He's the one that President Reagan told to "tear down this wall." Though many would-be dictators will take note, their "logical" conclusion will likely be that they could have succeeded better than Yanoukovych did, and grabs for such power will still be sought. History repeats itself and we should all learn from it that ultimately right wins over evil. Dictators in world history are famous by their horrible deaths.


Last night the producers of a new movie "Son of God" were featured in an hour's interview. Have you ever heard of any Hollywood movie-makers asking people to pray for the production at the beginning of work on it? Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, a married couple, told of such spiritual preparation. I'd like to encourage all my readers to see this film. I'll have to wait for the DVD for I don't go to theaters these days. I'm sure this program last night was more enjoyable and beneficial than the Olympic wind down.

No comments:

Post a Comment