Sunday, July 24, 2011

IF THIS KEEPS UP

Another shooting! One does not need to say, “If this keeps up,” what one cannot do. Parents will surely not allow their children to go anywhere if this keeps up. Even to school. School has become a dangerous place. Even an adult will be wary going into a supermarket. It becomes a crime against humanity if our country cannot protect its citizens. But what can one expect? America is no longer “Christian America.” That is the whole problem. I have not heard the whole story of the shootings in Texas, but read a line or two on the computer. Every day it’s some new crime of this sort.

As I walked through the room that holds the television minutes ago, I heard a reporter tell about a brave boy, I think in Norway, who stood up to the killer after seeing his dad fall, saying something like this to the killer: “Leave us alone. I am too young to die.” And the killer walked away. Brave boy. I want to hear this story again. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment