Friday, August 6, 2010

New Books

Yesterday, before I left the house on my Thursday out, I found in my email the notice that Felix Francis had just released his new novel Even Money. How delightful his is out at the same time as the new one by Ridley Pearson, In Harm’s Way. Two of my favorite suspense writers. So these two books went on my shopping list.

But I’d heard about another suspense novel that I was eager to read, The Rembrandt Affair by Daniel Silva. He’s written several best sellers but I just had not read any of them. I’d heard about this new book in the last few minutes of a television program in which Silva was on a panel, too late in the hour for me to hear him speak, but his book got a plug, even “his best yet.”

But Francis’s book had not arrived at the store yesterday and I got home with only two of the books. I started Pearson’s first, because it is shorter, and covered about 40 pages last night. But I also dipped into Rembrandt and was happy to find a suspense writer a cut above the rest. He may belong in the same category as Elizabeth George, I don’t know yet. But I can hardly wait to read Rembrandt.

No comments:

Post a Comment