Monday, August 16, 2010

Vacation Time

Another week starting! For most of my life, Monday was my favorite day, for it meant going back to school, either to learn or to teach, and later it also meant my children were in school learning. Sometimes I was dissatisfied with the latter, for what they were NOT getting in school. But that’s another story. Today I am putting in writing that over the weekend I was without communication with the outside world for about 30 hours, possibly 35. When I walked to Stan and Jackie’s house, two doors away, to call Cable One, my telephone and computer company (also television, but it was working), we got the recorded message there’d been an outage and they had a man out to work on it. So, after visiting my friends awhile, I came home. Intermittently I picked up to listen for a dial tone and never got one. I dreaded going through the night without being able to contact anyone. Then I remembered my Watch Dog and I slept well.

The next day I still had no connections. In the afternoon I went again to Stan and Jackie’s. The outage was apparently repaired but not at my house. So, while we were on the phone, Cable One said it was rebooting both my phone line and my computer. I came home, and found the phone worked, but when I tried to “compute,” a strange monster appeared on the screen and I couldn’t shoo him off. Although it was Saturday, I called my tech’s number and found someone there. The new man on staff would be out around 4:30. And he was. He got rid of the beast and hit keys to disallow its ever returning, he said. I hope it works.

Well done, but I lost a lot of time career-wise and need to catch up. I may be busy at that for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment