Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A List of the Same Length

In this list you’ll find what I don’t like in people, although everything else about a person may be okay. These are, too, only those characteristics that can change with choice, nothing they don’t have any control over.

1. Not saying, “Thank you,” when it’s due.
2. Not being on time for appointments and causing others to be late.
3. Not keeping their children out of my study, and saying, “Oh, he won’t hurt himself,” when I have visions of his deleting everything in my Word Processor.
4. Following pop culture.
5. Saying “I’m good,” for “I’m fine.” Good is the opposite of evil and that’s not what they’re talking about.
6. Working crossword puzzles in lower-case letters. And in pencil!
7. Not writing thank-you notes, letters, or email, when suitable. “Thank-you” in person and by telephone are okay.
8. Copying me. I’m an original and think everyone else should be.
9. Making loud music in church. Instrumental music is to accompany the singing, not compete with it.
10. In church, singing songs full of “I, I, me, me,” and clapping the hands. Doesn’t sound like worshipping to me.
11. Doctors’ withholding from patients such information as “causes” and “long-term effects.”
12. An obese person’s continuing to overeat and to eat the wrong foods.
13. A pro’s keeping a clean desktop.
14. A child’s answering the telephone. He doesn’t need the practice to learn how; he learns by listening to dad and mom. It’s just a waste of the caller’s time.
15. Not returning a loaned book.
16. Returning a loaned book, still unread.
17. Lying, cheating, whining, boasting, evading taxes, and giving gifts of things you already had and didn’t want anymore, as if they were new. Giving an item you do like and cherish is entirely different. Just let the recipient know it’s not new, because the discerning person can always tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment