Saturday, January 31, 2015

TODAY'S SURPRISE VISITORS

Having read late last night, I got a late start on this Saturday. I had a tiny bit of breakfast in my apartment in time for a tiny bit of lunch in my apartment and then it was rime to go to Trivia. In a hurry, I opted for a short-sleeved yellow top to wear over a long-sleeved winter white tee, my first experience with such informal attire and I hoped no one would pay me any attention because of it. After my side lost the game, I debated going back to my apartment or going downstairs for my mail and then on to the dining room for an early supper. The apartment won that and I was glad. Not far from the elevator I would have taken down were two wingback chairs in which sat two ladies I didn't recognize at first glance. I spoke to them and up they jumped. One was Laura Hodges, a former student of mine (in both English and German) and the other, her sister Bonnie. Laura carried a little pot of live yellow tulips with pink wrappings. Yellow and pink make up a gorgeous color combination. Laura had read my blog about another visitor who brought me yellow tulips when I was still doped up from my surgery and I thought he was someone else, remember him? Anyway, these young tulips are so special for coming from Laura. And I was pleased, too, that I'd worn the yellow blouse. 

Laura and her husband Tom live in Colorado and they have often made comments on my blogs. Before Laura and Bonnie left, Laura sang a bit of "How Great Thou Art." What a beautiful clear voice she has! She is also reading Unbroken, or has done so, or has started it. 

And I expect to read the last 40 pages of that tonight.



1 comment: