Friday, January 23, 2015

TWO RED-LETTER AFTERNOONS

Yesterday I went shopping for a chair. At a Lay-Z-Boy place I looked and looked for a firm chair in a color I could live with, also one that was easy to work to get my feet up. Almost every chair I saw was extremely soft and in awful colors. Those that push you up from the chair were completely out of the picture -- too undignified as well as iffy. Then the saleslady took me to yet another room where I found it, an unfuzzy surface (part leather and part polyester, but with the feel of leather) and with two wide arms in one of which was the control for power around a "well" for keeping your drink cool, just the size to hold a milkshake. That I chose to be on the left arm. The right arm then can serve as a place to write, figure taxes, or count and stack your gold coins, and surely hold the book you're reading. And the color? A gorgeous soothing red! It is to be here in six weeks. 

After supper, I read in Unbroken. With it and the new chair in mind, it took me over an hour to get to sleep. 

Today Russ, my computer tech, was to be here around 3:30. While I waited for him to arrive, I exercised my legs and feet, and then read in Unbroken. It turned out he is also reading that book. Then I asked about his wife. Surprise! she sang the National Anthem yesterday for President Barack Obama's visit to Boise State University, where he was to make a speech. But he missed her singing, for he was 20 minutes late. 

I asked, "Why?" I wasn't asking about his tardiness

Russ answered that by talking about her career. Yesterday she signed with the Opera here and is also involved in the Shakespeare Festival. Russ is also a singer and musician. He is a handsome, fine young man. I wish them great success -- so long as he still takes care of my computer too!  




No comments:

Post a Comment