Wednesday, February 22, 2012

All in a Day’s Run

Cable One advertises on the telly with the promise you’ll get a live person on the line. You should try it if you like frustration. I dialed the number on their billing statement, which is the one in the telephone directory, and heard four options. None fit my intention, and so, I clicked on each of them and got nothing but the same options going around and around. With the 800 number, I got an ear full of music for a very long time before that live person came on. She explained the HD cost only $5, and that the rest of the high amount was for the Internet and my phone. The Executive Director of this place said those were supposed to be included with my lease here. She said she would call them and set them straight. I’ve been too busy to check on that.

Yesterday I took part in the Tuesday Trivia. I love that sort of thing. I answered more questions than anyone else. For example, I knew the Weimar Republic was in power in Germany just before Hitler. I don’t like it if someone thinks I learn such answers from working crosswords. I know this sort of thing because I had a good education. But I did learn “ort” from crosswords.

A lawyer reads from a book aloud here two afternoons a week and I hear he has a lovely voice and does a great job. I asked how a lawyer had time for that. He makes time, for his own mother is too blind to read for herself. (I don’t know if she is living here or not.) I trust next week I’ll be among his listeners.

I met an author today, a Tom. I was introduced with just my first name too. He wants us to talk about our writing. Friday the recently new residents will be honored at a Happy Hour at 4:00. I’d rather be writing instead. Besides, everyone seems to know who I am already. By the way, I am furnishing tomorrow night’s entertainment, my DVD of the newest version of “The 39 Steps.” It’s not really a popcorn type, but there will be popcorn. When will I get all those boxes of books unpacked? ♥

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Back! I haven't been at the computer as much this week, just discovered your return. Wish I could come help unpack your books. . .
    Love from Colorado,
    Laura & Tom

    ReplyDelete