Monday, October 24, 2011

From the Horse’s Mouth

I must quote a bit from the book The Terrorist Next Door for you. On pages 186-187, the author sits down to talk with “a former terrorist operative….Today, [that man] speaks out forcefully against jihadist ideology. He has written about what transpired in his life as he adopted the jihadi mindset and was conditioned by adherents of Islam’s Salafi sect to accept violence:

“I passed through three psychological stages to reach this level of comfort with death: hatred of non-Muslims or dissenting Muslims; suppression of my conscience; and acceptance of violence in the service of Allah….

“…Once I was able to suppress my conscience, I was open to accepting violence without guilt …One Salafi method of generating this crucial attitude is to encourage violence
against women, a first step in developing a brutal mentality.”

This doesn’t need comment from me. Read the book! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment