Monday, October 24, 2011

About My Facebook

In case I can’t reach everyone through e-mail, let me tell you here, I’ve decided not to do Facebook. I do not have time for it. I can’t understand how a writer has that kind of time. It’s great for posting photos of your family’s doings, but I would not be adding pictures to mine, I have the camera, but am not adept with it. My fingers are too old, I suspect.

Too, I did not care for Facebook’s practice of sending out letters over my name. Some people were not addressed properly as I would have done. And I’ve heard a report from a highly reputable source that one’s info is not 100% private. I know you can hear otherwise, but just one reliable source that it’s not “safe,” is enough. I would not put anything in it that I would want to keep private, of course, as I suppose most of you agree.

However, my blog is checked by multiple sources. I expect that and I don’t mind. That’s their job (and then someone posts it elsewhere). For example, under Henry Kissinger’s name, you may see the reference to what I wrote about him. Fine with me. For all I know, one blog reader in Russia may be Putin himself, watching what this person who thinks for herself has to say about things, including politics. He hopes to be top-dog again in Russia with the next election, you know. Maybe he has my name on some list of “marked targets.” And maybe you’ll find this blog under his name too. It really is a small world these days. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment