Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Food for Thought

Coolish, darkish morning here, and I arose at 7:44, practically in the middle of the night. Perhaps breakfast and lunch won’t run in together today. Well, just so long as I finish those by suppertime! But speaking of eating reminds me of something AOL offered a few minutes ago. To help your memory, eat nuts, it said. It’s the fat, of course, and nuts have the right kind of fat for us. And if you recall, those of you on my email list at the time, one half of an English walnut is shaped like the brain, remember? Walnuts are brain food. There’s a bunch of walnuts on my breakfast plate right now. I keep walnuts and almonds on hand all the time, and peanut butter with no additives, of course. I need all the help I can get in the memory department. So do you.

Recently an article came to my attention─I think from the YOU doctors─about the foods that helped build and protect the body’s muscles. Those foods are eggs, yogurt, salmon, beef, olive oil, raw almonds, and water. As to the amount of almonds, it said two hands full. Can you imagine eating that many almonds in a day? I can. They’re delicious. But I don’t. I eat about twelve a day. And I just happen to love eggs, salmon, and beef. I tolerate plain yogurt once a day with fruit. The only oil in my house is olive oil, so I seem to have been on the right track all along. However, as to memory, I really think I inherited my good memory from my father. He loved fat. Fat meat! And died at age 52. Leave off fat meat and get the good kind of fat in your diet and shoot for a long life with great memory and strong muscles.

I started out this morning to write about the lack of “Thank you,” in so many people these days. How did that happen? Remember, it’s the second most important sentence in the world and it should be second nature to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment