Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fatal Interlude on Hold

It’s a dark and dreary wet day here today. But it has its bright moments. The new fridge-freezer is in place and stocked, and I heard a few minutes ago that Fred Thompson has a book out called something like Teaching a Pig to Dance. I suppose it could be a children’s book, since he and his wife have a couple of little ones, but I imagine it’s politics. I’d like to read it. He said in the interview he would NOT seek the presidency again. I don’t blame him. Who would want to clean up the present mess in Washington anyway?

And tomorrow my new Dell computer is to be here. It’s Pete III. I don’t know whether I can handle this gizmo or not. I’ll just have to figure out a way to cut ten years off my age, I suppose.

I finished reading one of my four new books and I don’t recommend it for anyone, the book a stranger at CostCo said I would like. I won’t even give the title here. Now I’m almost 100 pages into The 9th Judgment by James Patterson. He’s a good writer of the mystery genre. I am also reading the Book of Isaiah. I hope soon to be back at writing my own novel. About 12 chapters are finished. And since it is a dreary day, I want to stop writing here and get back to my reading 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment