Monday, May 24, 2010

Alas, She Said

I’m sorry to have to report to you my eyesight has worsened considerably in just this past week. I think the left eye has hemorrhaged (invisibly without the doctor’s instruments) and that just barely misses the pupil. I cannot use the phone directory even with a magnifier. The right eye hemorrhaged about four years ago, right on the pupil. The gas bubble treatment for it did not work and I don’t want to go through that again. Therefore, I shall type as large as I can (never studied typing) and the blog will transmit it in the right size for you to read. I hope I can finish writing my novel but it will be tough going. I would appreciate your prayers on my behalf.

Some time back someone wanted a list of the books recommended in this blog so far. It’s perhaps good to take care of this before I resume my story of being in the Navy during the time of a major war. Here’s the list, compiled as I went along.

Du Maurier, Daphne: The Scapegoat
Francis, Dick: any of his titles
Francis, Dick and Felix Francis: Dead Heat; Silks; Even Money
Grisham, John: The Broker
Hart, Marjorie: Summer at Tiffany
Kladstrup, Don and Petie: Wine and War
Kostova, Elizabeth: The Swan Thieves
Lewis, C. S.: Out of the Silent Planet
Malone, Dumas: (six volumes) Jefferson and His Time
Palin, Sarah: Going Rogue
Pasternak, Boris: Doctor Zhivago
Pearson, Ridley: Killer Weekend; Killer View; Killer Summer
Rinard, Lindsley (hi!): Death in Time (this just for good measure)
Scottoline, Lisa: Look Again
Sheldon, Charles: In His Steps
Tey, Josephine: Brat Farrah
Truss, Lynn: Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Vail, Margaret: Yours Is the Earth
Vercors (Jean Bruller): The Silence of the Sea
Williams, Emlyn: George, An Early Autobiography

1 comment: