Saturday, August 15, 2015

A BEAUTIFUL POEM

Today, just after the teams finished playing Word Wars, my friend Norm showed up looking for me. He had something for me to read critically. He had written a poem about, and for, his wife Donna who is now in another location, for she was diagnosed as having dementia. We sat down in that room (Movie Room) and I listened as Norm read the poem aloud. It was truly beautiful and quite touching. 

Then as I headed for my apartment, I saw him at the door of the office for the two lades who work the Enrichment activities here. I do hope they listened to his poem. Norm used to be in my writers’ gathering at my house one day a month for five years. Usually there were about a dozen of us at a session. We called ourselves SMAGS (for Second Monday Afternoon Group).

Norm also says he came across my name in a book! He couldn’t remember the title or the author’s name, but a woman. He has been saying he’s going to give me a copy of the page or something like that. He said the woman wrote about spying, I don’t know if fiction or nonfiction. My only guess is that she was once a student of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment