Sunday, August 9, 2015

MORE RANDOM THOUGHTS
Where I live, many people do not know what I mean when I ask them, “Did you see the GOP debates?” They look at me as if I were the endangered one, not them. But the ones who play Trivia on Tuesdays are much more aware of what’s going on in the world. When I asked this same question of one of them, she threw up her hands and said, “Yes. I had to see what those Republicans are up to!” But I already had her number. It’s rare to find a teacher or former teacher who is not a liberal. I am grateful not to have been brainwashed. If I was brainwashed, it was by the Constitution and the Bible. No better literature anywhere!
Anyway, I’ve already changed my mind about one of the candidates I mentioned in the first blog about the debates. I will not say who but it turns out he’s faintly recognized as having liberal ideas about education.  I trust I heard this correctly: Chris Wallace asked this candidate a question three times without getting a straight answer to it. That’s a red flag for me. It will be interesting if he’s one of the ten in the second debate.
I did not like to hear Christie’s rudeness to Rand Paul. Why were they all not talking against the Democrats instead of each other? Even if one of them disagreed with the candidate beside him, he doesn’t need to attack his partyman but just show his ideas are better than those of the Democrats. If the shoe fits, this partyman could wear it.
Here I must point out the politeness of Dr. Ben Carson. I believe he did not pinpoint anyone on the stage with a personal criticism. He is a gentleman of the first order. He also did not slouch, as another one did, and he is, I believe, the oldest candidate running.
As for the one who slouched, I wonder about his health. Was he so tired that he had to prop himself up? What about decreasing some of that avoirdupois?
To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment