Tuesday, June 23, 2015

WHERE DID THEY ALL GO?

Today the gallery of some of my readers has disappeared. When the latest member joined that group, I promised him other readers could click on his picture and read about him and his new book. Alas! from that point on, this feature no longer worked. My computer tech says this is not the fault of my machine, but of whoever has the responsibility of putting the photos there in the beginning. Several readers have said they could never get their pictures there in the first place. Now I'm beginning to think this might be a vindictive action of someone(s) who hold the reins of this venture. There have been ads and other kinds of communication, inviting me to join face book, or whatever it is called, and however it is spelled. Since I have no audience with such "editors," let me spell it out here. I don't read anyone's face book; I once tried it and could hardly get rid of it. To me, and to others, "no way out" is criminal. I've read quite a few prominent men say, in a derogatory way, they don't do face book. The end result of such a "publication" is vanity, vanity, vanity, with pictures of the vain all over the place. These photos can go by e-mail, and not annoy those who are not interested. 

During the brief time I tried face book, I actually saw a photo I would call plagiarism in the writing world, but it was appearing to "copy" a picture of my daughter from a famous magazine, Glamour, I think it was. It was a shot of a girl bursting through the water at a swimming facility, her arms reaching for the sky and her face full of joy. Exactly the same pose, but from a distance. My daughter's was a close-up, full page; this copy was a tiny shot that perhaps on face book could be enlarged, I don't know. I didn't try.   

The size of font is also a hindrance. Anything that comes to me in size 12 looks as if it came from a stingy person. Yes, I know e-mail gets the prize for this. but no layperson has to adopt it. Don't say, "You can enlarge it," for so can you, the sender. If you want to be read, be kind to your readers. If this white print on the beautiful blue here, is too large for you, just back up an inch or two. 

So, I had the tech remove all the photos, since they are no longer valuable to you. And to Roger, I apologize, for misleading you. It was certainly born of my ignorance of the situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment