Monday, January 2, 2012

A Nice Surprising Find

Today, an interesting link (to my Lindsley family) showed up on my blog work page. If you Lindsley cousins have ever wondered about the origin of the name Adrian Van Sinderen Lindsley, here is something to check out:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Adrian+van+sinderen%2C+esq+nashville

I first learned of AVS, without the surname Lindsley, in a Ford magazine over 50 years ago. I think the mag was called, perhaps still is, Ford Times, subscriptions given to customers who bought a new Ford. AVS was a wealthy man with splendid stables and carriages in the northeast, Connecticut, I think. I have no idea, at this point, the connection between AVS and our own g’g’grandfather Philip Lindsley, that the latter obviously named his eldest son, my g’grandfather, for this AVS. When time allows, I’ll read the link material. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment