Tuesday, September 6, 2011

TURNING THE NEXT CORNER

What a beautiful day! The air is perfect and it’s great to be outside. I’ve not blogged for a few days, taking a long holiday weekend. Now I have much to catch up on. If I owe you a letter, I’ll get to it soon. However, I must take time to thank all the viewers from Canada, Australia, France, and a few ether countries, but these mentioned here really stacked up the hits for me. Some days, Canada outdid the United States, and I’m talking about like nearly 70, day after day! What a boost to my morale. And Australia topped the list yesterday. I can’t imagine only my family there did all those hits.

Now perhaps it’s time to get to anther subject. The state’s writers’ conference is just 18 days away and I won’t be there. But a couple or so days afterwards, my submissions will come back to me and I can read what the judges wrote about them. I am anticipating placing in some contest or other. One might interest those readers who showed spectacular interest in the Margaret Vail blogs, for the setting of my story is the Loire Valley and the time is D-Day, 1944. My young heroine doesn’t know it’s called D-Day, for it began the night before and she has no access to the news. She rather misguidedly seems to think the war is about over, though she will find it goes on a while longer. I suppose I should add that story to my blog. It’s over 3,200 words long, and if that’s too much reading for you, I’ll understand. I wrote it several years ago, but have reworked it. Now it’s better for that. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment