Monday, August 1, 2011

Congress (or anyone else) Is Silly to Say These Things More Than Once

At the end of the day, having said that, to come together, at this point in time, . . .

Can you think of any other over-worked Washington phrases like these? I get so tired of them and one is usually bad grammar when the politicians posture with it. Having said that, I need to add the subject of the sentence right after saying that beginning phrase. Such as, “Having sad that, I” or “we” perhaps, it depends on who did the saying. Now that I’ve pointed out this error to you, perhaps by this time, the Congressmen’s secretaries will have taught them the right way. But listen for it and see if you can catch them in the offense. Neil Cavuto says it right. His English is good. Maybe I’ll vote for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment