Saturday, August 27, 2011


AFTER DAYS OF HEAT

After 100-degree heat, we have a respite of sorts. It is balmy here with the breezes. I wonder how the animals are doing. Are they seeking refuge from some impending disaster in this part of the country? The television runs, repeating the same thing most of the time about the eastern part of the country. How sad I am for those people. One of the saddest persons to me was a black woman who said something like, “Well, we have to go sometime; it might as well be now.” She probably had no place to go and reconciled her situation to that dictum. I sincerely hope she relocated herself safely. Thousands must have no place to go. She was on the young side, much to live for, as everyone has.

A day for a little sleep, since I didn’t get much of that last night. I got in bed about three times, and tried two different recliners. It was well after 4:00 before I did sleep and awoke around 6:00. I need to be in the middle of some manuscript moving along. Nothing major going at the moment.

Talking about sleep makes me even sleepier. See you later.




No comments:

Post a Comment