Monday, January 4, 2016


A SLOW START FOR 2016

Here it is the third day of the new year and I still cannot work my computer. But tomorrow I expect to talk with my tech and learn a bit more. Windows 7 is so much more complicated than the old machine, an XP I think it was called. And I hear Windows 10 is much worse than the 7. There is no good reason for hiding a PRINT button, but that is what this one does. You might think, with all this time away from printing something for some purpose, I must be reading War and Peace. Yes, I have turned the page once! I haven’t reached page 400 yet. New deadline: the end of June!

 Now it is the fourth day of 2016 and I’ve talked with the tech and have added one more Blog. But Pete (my computer) would not print the whole blog in one size font! That is crazy. Right in the middle of my trying to get it spaced just right, comes a big ad for Windows 10. I think I’ll look into SCREEN MAGIC and see what that company offers.

 On another plane, thousands of Americans watched “Downton Abbey” last night, beginning its sixth and last season. At MorningStar was a morning tea called “Downtown Abbey Tea” in the printed day’s bulletin. I stopped by the front desk to see if there were any leftover daily bulletins. I found two and proceeded to scratch out the second “W” in the Abbey’s name. I said to the new girl on the desk, “Can you imagine an abbey’s being downtown?” She said, “That’s for today.” I said, “I know that. This correction isn’t for us residents. It’s for you girls who work this desk and print the bulletins.” She likely thought I did not know what I was talking about. But I hope she learned I was right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment