Friday, February 20, 2015

HOORAY FOR GHIRARDELLI

Last night, around 10:00, after my walk through the halls, I sat down and thought about how tired I was. And I still had to take my shower, but not without reading a bit first. So, first I read in the Psalms, more than one of those, and then I picked up that heavy tome Einstein and read about 30 more minutes, while debating the possibility of delaying the shower till tomorrow. But years of experience reminded me how wonderful it is to wake up, having showered the night before. So, up I got and dragged myself to fetch a fresh towel from my bedroom. Returning, I passed a candy bowl with a lid, placed where I would not readily notice it. Now I noticed. Might there be a Ghirardelli dark chocolate left? There were three! Three make a serving. So, I had a serving, as I read a few more pages of Einstein, well, two pages anyway. (My rule is to turn the page at least once before closing a book.)

Then something happened. Suddenly I wasn't tired anymore! I arose from my chair with energy, took plenty of time for a leisurely shower, read a few more pages of Einstein and got my usual six hours of sleep. 

I must put Ghirardelli on my shopping list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment