Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Reading Session and House Sale

Today, when the lawyer arrived to read to us, he said he’d been working in his shop. I asked him when he was a lawyer.

He said, “On Tuesdays and Thursdays.”

His mother said, “Tell tem how long you’ve been a lawyer.”

He said, “Thirty-seven years. Two other lawyers work for me and are holding down the fort.”

So, that answers that question. He began today’s session by reading us a poem from his Blackberry (not his poem), or whatever gadget he held in his hand. I suppose Blackberries are out of date now, right? I can’t keep up with that kind of a world. And don’t wish to.

Tomorrow is Thursday, my day out. As you know from previous blogs, I look forward to those days out. It’s been several weeks since I had such a day. It is coolish here, rainy part of the day. We had a mild winter and it seems spring will also be mild, to the point of being late. That’s good for the sake of the lawn at the house I left. By the way, that house sold right off with two offers, but the one who got it is a woman whom I taught in College Prep English in Mountain Home years ago. It continues to be a small world. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment