Friday, March 2, 2012

About Many Things

I’m an oddball, of course, but I like the words “things” and “stuff.”

The blog just below this one has an interesting comment about what I wrote. You don’t want to miss that. Bret Baier didn’t give the man much time, perhaps for that reason.

Today’s weather for a large area of the country has been horrendous, and I have family and friends in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Georgia. I have e-mailed them all the same message, wanting news from someone there in each place, and if I don’t hear that way, I will try to call them tomorrow.

Three boxes of books yet to unpack, from the original 12. I would prefer to relocate some of these beautiful volumes with my family members, but they don’t stay put long enough in this area and they won’t be adding them to the cost of their airline tickets. So, BonaV gets more yet.

Someone asked about the lawyer who reads to us. I have heard him read twice, and he is an excellent reader aloud. But I did not know till later that his mother is one of us listeners too, a charming lady. I met her and she said her name is Maxine, but I did not know then she was his mother.

Someone asked about the writer who lives here, named Tom. Tonight I returned his material he gave me to read and got the manuscript of his book about his experience in World War II. He was a bomber pilot who was shot down over Germany and taken prisoner. Officers seemed to have had better treatment than what enlisted men received. I asked if any French prisoners were there (I was thinking of MV’s husband Robert), and he said no. Tom is first of all, an artist, a very good one. Instead of drawing an illustration to go with his writing, he writes something to go with the drawing!

About MV again. Some interest has lately picked up on those blogs concerning her book Yours Is the Earth. I cannot tell which country is reading which blogs, but Canada has been busy with my postings, even busier than the States, and more have come from France and from Australia than what would seem to come from my family there.

It’s going on midnight in Mountain Standard Time. Goodnight. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment