Saturday, January 8, 2011

Much Ado About Something

In the news recently, some journalists have been too eager to comment on Speaker of the House John Boehner’s couple of tears in public at touching moments. I admired him for that. It meant he can be interested. And real men do occasionally cry. They wouldn’t be human otherwise.

But I could never pass muster for politics, for I’d cry too much. Just today, in seeing and hearing about the horrendous shooting in Tucson, I cried several times, but not exactly where you might expect me to. I cried the biggest when some anchor said someone in the House of Representatives stated she could hardly wait till Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords got back to the House so that they could all salute her. That was touching. And I’ll add an invisible salute for the surgeon who saved her life.

I've learned I cry more often over happy situations and statements than sad ones. I pity the person who can’t cry, man or woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment