Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Latest Book Purchase

I got out of Barnes & Noble this past Thursday with buying only one new book and one from the bargain table. The first one had to be ordered and will arrive at my house on Monday or Tuesday perhaps. When B&N doesn’t yet have a new book in the store, you can order it for less money than you’d pay if it were in the store. If you have a membership in B&N, this order is postage-free for the customer. That membership gives you another 10% off, and Thursday happens to be the day B&N usually offers a percent-off coupon online. Often it’s 25% off, as it was last Thursday. So I ordered Going Home to Glory by David and Julie Eisenhower.

At the bargain table, I found nothing of interest except John Le CarrĂ©’s A Man Most Wanted. I picked it up and tried to recall if I had already purchased that one. Not being sure, I concluded two copies would be better than none, and bought it. I do have two copies; someone will get a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment